Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dotty Dot

This weekend was my Point Park debu (can't spell)! I was in a children's musical production of a little show called "Dotty Dot"


Freshman aren't able to audition for the conservatory shows, but this cool club type thing, called ETP (Experimental Theatre Project) just started this year and is meant to give students more chances to get involved and perform. It's run by students and they put on a bunch of cool, student written, "experimental" projects throughout the year.
So this semester ETP started if off with "Dotty Dot." The script was originally written by students as well as all the music! So cool!



The reason we have binders is because it was actually a "staged reading" of the show, because we only rehearsed for about two weeks. But we still had fun and did some wicked dance movies.


My character (Mary Beth) was Dotty's obnoxious lackey.


And yes... I wore my retainer for the show.


The set--"Fort Funrageous"

It was such a blast! We only performed twice (Saturday & Sunday at noon), but we're actually going to polish it up a bit more, take away the binders and do a tour of it for a bunch of elementary's around the area! So awesome! So I definitely can't wait for that.
Children's theatre is so much fun.

3 comments:

beck said...

so cute cam! love that you get such fun opportunities!

Miss Maclaine said...

Cami! Every time I read your blog I am so jealous! It looks like you are having a total blast out in Philly! Love You!

Cathy said...

I love the funny face picture of you!! Crackin' me up!
cth