Saturday, September 8, 2007

Aww.. The Dorms

There is nothing like living in college dorms. Everyone has to experience this kind of living at least once in their life! Right?
I'm not going to lie, it was not what I expected when I first walked in. I mean the bathroom light took like a minute to warm up before it actually turned on, brown water started coming out of the fossets when you first turned them on, the mirror was a little cracked, the closet was of course to tiny to fit two peoples wardrobes, one of the mattresses on the bed was sinking in, and we have NO AIR CONDITIONING! But, really... what else should I be expecting from a dorm room?
However, as soon as I moved in all of my belongings and started getting aquainted to my new "home," I began to love it!! And believe it or not, I am actually one of the lucky ones in the whole building! My room is A LOT larger than most the rooms AND it has two windows instead of one! So I am very grateful for the wonderful luck I have :)
Yay for College Dorms!!


Just a FEW things for my dorm that we bought at Wal-Mart as soon as we got there... woops I guess we did go a little overboard. But it was definately well worth it!


Here's the BEFORE picture...



And AFTER! The second picture is my side of the room. I know, is does look very sad compared to my roommates side, but you have to remember that I was limited to bringing only three suit cases of all of my personal belongings. And trust me, thats not very much. Also, my bed isn't fully made, however, due to the lack of cool air flow in our room, but I actually do have a cute polka dot bed spread that I'm pretty excited to use once it starts to heat up!


The view ouside my window at night. However, this doesn't even show the true beauty of what is really out there. VERY GORGEOUS though. Another one of my favorite parts about living here!

No comments: