Saturday, September 8, 2007

My First Week at Point Park!

Point Park University is located in downtown Pittsburgh. My school is not the normal spread out campus like most colleges. It is consisted of 3 main high rise buildings--Lawrence Hall, Academic Hall, and the Univercity Center. There are some other buildings scattered here and there that are the University, but the main things happen in those three main buildings. My dorm room is in Lawrence Hall and I live on the 16th floor. Most of my theatre classes are also Lawrence Hall, but located in the lower half of the building. So I can basically wake up about ten minutes before my class starts, take the elevator down a couple stories, and make it to my class with plenty of time the spare! :) Very cool.
Here are my classes as follows: Ballet II every morning, voice and speech, acting, musical theatre history, sight singing, piano and theory fundamentals, private voice lessons, and an english class. So I guess you could say I go to the "Step Up" college. I've never actually seen Step Up, but that's just what poeple have told when I tell them about my schedule. I guess I should probably watch it sometime! I am very unbelievably grateful for this college and my schedule! I'm so lucky to be actually going to school for something that I LOVE to do! It's so unreal. I'm just really happy to be here! :)



My first days here at Point Park were busy with meeting new poeple, making friends, and going to activities. I really had no free time for myself, which was actually a good thing because I didn't really get homesick that much. Right off the bat I started to love this city and now I think I can call myself a REAL city girl! :)


Here's me and some poeple on my floor doing laundry!


This is my across-the-hall neighbor! Dan! He's become one of my really good friends. We thought it was fun we were matching one day.


These are some of my Musical Theater girl friends!


Activities!!!
1st Activity: 80's Dance Party!
The first week of school there were all of these "opening week" activites that were going on and one of them was an 80's Dance Party! If you know me, you know that I couldn't resist an offer like that so I, of course, went all out!


I thought I'd throw this picture in because I thought it was funny... haha.



"Busy Being Awesome".... what a good 80's band name! Love it!


This is a bunch of us just walking to McDonalds after the party.


2nd Acitivity: Sundy Boat Ride!!
Point Park rented out this lovely, large ferry boat that sweetly sailed across the two rivers that surround the city. It was such a beautiful day for this "MAJESIC" (name of the boat) ferry boat ride.


Aww.. the typical Titanic pose. I think we pulled it off very nicely :)


A bunch of us "MT's" just chatting up a storm.


Here's a picture of the city from the boat. You can see that it does sort of look like a "point" where the two rivers meet. And where that water fountain is, that is actually a park. Hence the name... Point Park!


3rd Activity: Pirates Game!
They were giving out free tickets to see Pittspurgh's proffessional baseball team, so my roommate Katie and I decided to check it out!


Of course we decided to go all out and dress up for the game... that's what makes it more fun :)


This was the view of the city from where we were sitting... GORGEOUS! I swear it looks like a painting or something. When I was sitting there, staring at this unreal sight before me, I was in "AW" the whole time. Can you tell I really love this city? haha.

6 comments:

beck said...

Quite the awesome activities! Love the 80's outfit!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Cami,

Yeah for your blog! I am excited to see this great life of yours that I am jealous of!! You Rock!!

amy said...

MG Cam. You I LOVE IT! I am so glad you started a blog. i love you forever. I miss you a ton.

Anonymous said...

Cami! Do you like that I emailed everyone too! I thought it was a great idea. I think you forgot Snow-diz though. Ha but I love your blog!!!!!! I like it cause it can keep me up to date. Lets i chat again this week! That was too fun.

Lainie Garrett said...

Cami,

Great to hear from you!!! It looks like you are having a blast. I am so happy for you. Dance just started this week. It is not the same without you. We are building a new studio it should be done in a week. I miss you tons

Rachel U said...

CAMI! my fav cuz! i love your blog!! you lead such an exciting city life! i am so jealous! way more exciting than boring old provo! haha! i miss you! good luck with everything!