Friday, March 28, 2008

Bebe Neuwirth


So my Musical Theatre Techniques teacher, Jeff Saver (brilliant and a sweetheart... I'll tell more about how amazing he is later), pretty much knows EVERYONE in this business it feels like... including Bebe Neuwirth. In fact he is very good friends with her. So she's performing here with the Pittsburgh Symphony this weekend and invited Jeff and some of his students to watch a rehearsal with her and the orchestra and so of course I got to go! SOO COOL.

If you don't know her, she is AMAZING. Here's her credits:

Velma Kelly in the revival of Chicago.
Original Sheila in A Chorus Line.
The Boss in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Tony Award winner for Best Featured Actress in Damn Yankees
Dr. Frasier Crane on the hit comedy series Cheers-- in which she won two Emmy Awards
And many more...

She is such a talented performer and such a wonderful person. After we saw her perform, we were privileged enough to sit down and have a little questionare with her. Way cool!
I swear I've met so many amazing/famous performers ever since I've come to Point Park. I'm so happy to be here :)

1 comment:

Scott G-ness said...

WOW sis thats really cool. you big city girl. sittin down and having questionaires with celebrities. :) awesome. I love you sis. and i can't wait to go camping when you come in may.