Thursday, October 25, 2007

Good Day.

Today was a really good day. I think it all started off at midnight when my roommate, Katie, and I stayed up talking for two hours talking about life, love, and everything in between. All the stuff that makes you feel good inside. Everything that makes you want to live. Really cool.
Some good quotes that came out of last night:
"There's no way to prepare for the future, because all you really have is right NOW."
"Re-member who you are."
"Everything that is created starts with a thought, therefore we can create anything."
"Why spend time dwelling on the past? Or worrying about the future? When all we really have is this moment."
"No one will ever look at the world the way you do."

After sleeping for 5 hours and waking up for 8am ballet, I thought that I would just be tired and have a normal, tired day, but actually it just got better.
In my acting class, we did a "mirroring" improv game with our scene partners. At first, she would tell us who would lead and we would take turns doing that. Then after she told us to conspire and decide who would be leading, but we had to try and decieve the audience by not letting them know who really was leading. Very cool. First of all because you are so connected with one another, trying to focus, and at some points you don't really know who is leading. A kind of tunnel vision set in all around you and just focused on their eyes and suddenly everything around you was connected and knew exactly what your body was doing, and what their body was doing. Cool. Then, after that, she had us "follow the follower" so basically no one was leading. This was even more cool. We started off just breathing together. Getting connected to one anothers breath. Then, just trusting. Trusting eachother, trusting that movement will happen. Trust. Can anything be more powerful than that? To just TRUST? Mmm... I just loved it.
Some good quotes from her today:
"Release any impulse to lead and just trust."
"Once you release the urge to lead, the movement will just happen."
"Allow yourself to breath together and to be in tune with one another."
"Allow yourself to put complete trust in your partner."
"Become one with one another."
"Let the breath move you."
"Every movement give you permission to move again."
She compared it to acting, of course. How in a scene with two, or however many poeple, you just give. Give to one another. Let it happen. That's why poeple come see theatre because when the actors become in touch with one another and just trust the moment, it will just happen. No one wants to see something perfectly plotted out, so they know and the character knows exactly whats going to happen next. No. We see theatre because it is honest. And truthful. And all in the moment. Because if something happens, that has never happened before, then it isn't really "unexpected." It is what it is and the actor can cope with it and trust it and USE it. I don't really know if I'm making any sense, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I had a lovely day today. It all connected with me and spoke to me. Really made me want to just LIVE. And it was just another day that made me realize why I am here, at Point Park, just doing what I know to do. Actually doing my passion. Theatre.

6 comments:

amy said...

don't you love that? when you realize that college is kind of a good thing. sounds like you are having an amazing time at an amazing university where your even more amazing talent is being appreciated and strengthened. wish i could be a fly on your shoulder.

Anonymous said...

CAM a LAM! that is so freaking cool to see that you are really on that wavelength that I am on. I love how connected the NOW is. You know that the most passionate thing is NOW. You ARE passion, there is no other substitutes. WAS passion, or GOING TO BE passion doesn't exsist. That is so...IT! I love the moment quote that you have there. I have been "real-eyes-ing" latley that "you master life each moment" This has been big for me. I love you cami. I love you.
Brad

beck said...

Love to hear all of this from you! A glimpse into your mind and heart and I totally agree with all of them. Maybe we are one? ;) Love you so much Cam!

And it is sort of crazy that no one sees the world the way you see it. Even if they are standing right next to you when it's going on! wow! :)

Anonymous said...

K love that you're posting more! And I left you a message tonight and I am just so happy for you and just love and adore you. I loved this post because it is just so you. I am thinking about you lots this weekend. Love you cam

Larry & Ann said...

Cami!!!! I miss you! Looks like you are doing well and that makes me happy. You were in my mind and heart last weekend. Dixie High theater is just not the same without Karly, Cami, and Glen! It was great to see your mom there and share a hug with her. Can't wait to see you during the Christmas holiday! Larry and I send our love!

Nan said...

Hi sis, becky set me up a blog tonite (halloween). 2 pics. I loved reading your whole blog, and now I can actually comment. loved your descriptions. when I read them, it's like i'm there, too. love you, mom